we have arrived

Wednesday, May 12, 2010
The airline threw away my peanut butter. Our leader almost missed the flight...i mean, not even almost...the standby people were taking seats around me. I almost got kidnapped at the airport (it's really okay mom) and I had to put my mosquito net up with medical tape (thanks MCCG). But all in all it has been a smooth trip and we have made it.

The team is beautiful. Five Haitian Americans, eight African American's, and one crazy white girl, who already gets the most attention. All of the motherly instincts deminished a little bit when I told them I'd lived in Africa for 10 weeks.

I haven't seen any patients yet, other than those that hang out on the lawn with their wrapped limbs and external fixators, but I'm ready for our 7:30 meeting!!

The food tonight tasted nothing less than Tanzanian! Rice, stew and beans. Beautiful. And some kindof watermelon juice! Delicious.

That's all for now. The internet here is wonderful and the phone works pretty well also...too bad I don't know anyone's phone numbers...

And mom, the computer didn't break.

Love to all and please pray for the adventures ahead!

5 comments:

Bekah F. said...

Almost kidnapped?!? Glad you're ok! I can't wait to hear that story. Praying for you sweet friend. Love you!

Justin Scott said...

Just emailed you my phone number. :)

shelby said...

oh- my goodness.
glad to hear you guys have made it safely!
love you and praying for you much :)

Amanda said...

It's time for you to learn phone numbers.

So jealous of your trip and tasting rice and beans.

I can hear the excitement in your voice. I love it! So glad you made it there finally! makes me want to sing Baba wa binguni Hakuna Kama Wewe out loud. Love you and praying without ceasing for the rest of the trip.

6784854816

Valerie said...

Ok, you have to explain more about the almost kidnapped part... Love Mom