Guest Blogger!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
My voice has been gone for two days now...my typical cold symptoms...so my dear friend David has agreed to post for me. Well actually it was his idea...but here lies my first guest blogger:

BLOG JACKED!!!!! Hello friends and family of Jessica. My name is David Harris and I'm taking over "Therapeutic Connection" tonight! I've been at the hospital doing supply and "logistics" since April and I'm only here through next week! It's bittersweet. You can read my blog at davidinhaiti.blogspot.com.

It's crazy how things often change quickly. If you happened to be on www.nhc.noaa.gov (the hurricane watch site) at around 3pm local time, 1pm west coast and 4 pm east coast, you would have seen a pretty big storm move over Hispaniola. Seemingly out of nowhere, strong winds blew, heavy rain poured down, lightning flashed, thunder crashed, the whole nine yards. People all around ran for shelter as water leaked into patient rooms and there were mini-floods in the hallways. But within twenty minutes the worst had passed, the water dried up, and now the skies are clear.

(Jessica's gonna hate me for this...) It's kinda like how at the end of this month, the long term ex-pat volunteer population here will suddenly drop to three. Brooke and I will be leaving within days of each other. Luke took off last week. Although former "long termer" Dr. Scott Nelson and future "long termers" Terry and Jeannie Dietirch will be around next week, they'll also be gone by September. Next month, will definitely be a transition period at our hospital. New faces will be filling vacated positions, responsibilities will be shifted, there's still a lot of uncertainty, and plenty of potential for chaos. But God is working here, the "storm" will pass, and His work will continue. Please continue to pray for everyone involved down here.

0 comments: