blessings

Sunday, July 18, 2010
All my bags made it!

I found my driver with no trouble at the airport.

The patient I missed the most (Nadine) was sitting on the hospital steps when I arrived.

There is a very "America" grocery store about 3 blocks from here.

Amazing new friends in just 36 hours.

Headache meds have worked (two days in a row).

Sermon yesterday (Saturday=Sabbath) on total depravity...haha. Amazed at spot on theology.

Got to sing "Healing is in your Hands" offertory in church.

Preparations for Creole lessons underway.

It's cooler than when I was last here!

Ortho Surgeon arrived last night.

How Great is Our God.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

beautiful.

Shelby said...

wooohooo!!
miss you lots, but so excited about how God has already provided and all He's going to do.
get ready to be blown away!
love you :)

Justin Scott said...

Awesome!

Bonnie said...

This is wonderful

Cameron said...

Amen...We are continually praying for you...

Jason said...

Great to hear, glad things are off to a good start! Brit and I are praying for you!

Katie and Shae said...

Yay!!!! So glad to get a great update-I cant stop thinking about you!

Karen said...

Jessica, you don't know me, but you'll soon be meeting some of my coworkers who will be volunteering and hopefully I'll get to meet you someday at HAH. I was there the last two weeks of April, and the surgeon I traveled with and work with here in the US will be moving to Carrefour in November (Dr Dietrich) with his wife Jeannie. They are coming Aug 20th with a team from our hospital and community. Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for your volunteering and service to the people there. I will be following your work there through your blog and look forward to meeting you on my next trip likely in 2011 once the Dietrich's are there. I can hardly wait to go back. Blessings.

Karen Fields
karenfieldsstudios.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

EXCELLENT!