State Side.

Monday, December 20, 2010
Thoughts since I've been home (four days):

Holy moly is freezing.

I have so...much...stuff.

my cat in Haiti was awesome.

it's cold.

Oh God, why is LP still in jail?

What if I had stayed till Friday and been with that patient when he died Thursday morning?
...I knew I wasn't worried about him for nothing.

I haven't had anyone hit on me in like...four days.

Olives taste so unlike everything Haitian.

I'm glad we're all in the States right now, but who the heck's in Haiti?

Why am I still eating rice at almost every meal...I guess it's my new comfort food.

How much does it cost to call Haiti?

I wonder if I even like sweets anymore...they make my stomach hurt.

...Maybe my stomach ache isn't from sweets.

I have almost said "Mesi" to every holiday register girl.

I wonder if anyone I know speaks Creole....my cat certainly doesn't understand it like me-me does.

What are the translators doing!? There are no white people at the hospital.

I'm freezing.

The street is so clean.

I don't even like make-up, why am I wearing it.

Port-au-Prince needs MMRC. This is terrible. I wish I was with Big Paul right now.

I am so glad Sondy is at home.

They announce the election "recount" today. Interesting.

How much will my phone bill be...if I keep texting Farah.

I (like Sarah) had forgotten that obesity was such a problem.

I bet this is the first time there haven't been Americans at HAH since January 14th.

Why would anyone need this many clothes?

I miss the heat.

WTF. Why is LP in jail!?!?!?

Oh crap, she's not staring at me cause I'm white...why is she staring at me?

God's still in Haiti.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I definitely feel rich. And clean.

Unknown said...

Jessica,
Will you be able to go back? Brook and I are to go January 1-8th to work at a Samaritan's Purse Cholera Clinic. They said we will still go, want to come, they will pay the way totally till the end of January for Christian Nurses, MD's Paramedic or EMT's. Call me, or send me information on gmail. I will send you a note. Janis Strickland

Amanda said...

I love the honesty. and you. praying.