a brief update

Thursday, June 3, 2010
I have no idea how many people are still reading this. But here is a short update as of today.

Since returning from Haiti on May 19th I have been praying about returning and seeking out opportunities to live and work in Port-au-Prince for awhile. Yesterday I heard from the staff of Loma Linda University/Medical Center the organization in charge of sending all volunteers to the Adventist Hospital in Port-au-Prince and they are very interested in sending me! They will officially discuss my application on Friday (yes, tomorrow). And let me know more details.

The things I know now are...

#1 I have to sell my 2008 Altima Coupe that I bought in October.

#2 I have to raise about $500/month (I am not planning on officially sending out support letters due to this economy and people who have already expressed interest. But if YOU'RE interested please email me!

#3 I really don't want to go alone and there are a couple women who are praying about going with me. I won't say their names as they have been praying for less than 24 hours, but please pray that God will provide someone.

That's all for now.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

a.bo said...

jess what an awesome opportunity! definitely keep us updated and you hear :) i just love that you even want to go back, even if it doesn't work out. you're pretty cool.

John Herzenberg, MD said...

Well done, Jess. If there were more people in the world like you, there would be much less suffering. I applaud your efforts and your courage. I have also enjoyed reading your blog very much! Keep us posted through your blog and Haitibones.

Justin Scott said...

"The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet." Buechner

This is unbelievably awesome. I'm 100% behind you. I'm praying for you. I love you.