words of wisdom

Saturday, October 11, 2008
"you can touch the sick, the leper and believe that it is the body of Christ you are touching, but it is much more difficult when these people are drunk or shouting to think that this is Jesus in His distressing disguise. How clean and loving our hands must be to be able to bring that compassion to them."

~ No Greater Love, Mother Teresa



We had three homeless people ask us for money Wednesday night downtown. I had a patient curse at me this week and another drunk schizophrenic threaten to kill someone in the ER waiting room. My roommate literally washed a homeless patient's feet because they smelled so bad. I was fighting to remember...

..."whatever you do to the least of these my brothers, you do it to me." Matt 25:40

1 comments:

keith said...

don't be a quiter.